Adelaide Horses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you feeding?

+2
Ace Ventura
RhiBee
6 posters

Go down

What are you feeding? Empty What are you feeding?

Post  RhiBee Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am

What are you feeding your horses at the moment?

Fuji is my only horse on full feed, as she is the only one in work! I do my own mix of Wheaten Chaff, Bran (but changing to rice bran for the higher fat content), Breeda, Sunflower Seeds, Livamol. I also add Dolomite daily and Copper Sulphate every 2-3 days. She has free access to a meadow round bale, and gets 2-3 biscuits of Oaten or Wheaten hay daily.

Cooper and Ash are both on holiday, have 24/7 grazing as well as free access to a round. I also come up twice a week with some oaten hay for them, just so I can check on them!
RhiBee
RhiBee
Yearling
Yearling

http://autourstud.webs.com

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding? Empty Re: What are you feeding?

Post  Ace Ventura Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 am

Kip gets meadow, Lucerne and oaten hay her hard feed is breeda and chaff
Ace gets the same as Kip but in smaller proportions as he's only a baby

Ace Ventura
Foal
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post  RhiBee Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 am

I've slightly changed Fuji's feed mix. So now it's approx 4 scoops of chaff, two scoops of breeda, one scoop of rice bran and two cups of sunflower seeds. I do about 3-4 lots of that per chaff bag, then mix it all up and pop it into a bin/drum, and give her about 4 scoops per feed.
RhiBee
RhiBee
Yearling
Yearling

Back to top Go down

Post  JustAwesome Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 am

Montana gets Meadow hay, Lucerne hay and his hard feed is Lucerne chaff and Equi jewel

plus grazing and a round in his paddock, though I cannot find decent rounds Sad
JustAwesome
JustAwesome
Weanling
Weanling

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevvy_Impala Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:03 am

my boys get oaten/vetch hay at the min, was oaten hay and luc hay before. but found this vetch mix stuff and they seem to like it, next will be a meadow round and lucerne hay again. Hard feeds are maxisoy/extra cool and oat/luc chaff for the boys, and my nearly 9month old weanling gets oat/luc chaff, breeda and oats, plus folactin red. and meadow hay.

Chevvy_Impala
Foal
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post  Frankinsteine Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Mine are living off their paddock and meadow hay, we don't buy rounds as they tend to waste it by either weeing and pooping in it or nesting in it so we feed out everyday
Frankinsteine
Frankinsteine
Weanling
Weanling

Back to top Go down

Post  RhiBee Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 am

I've now added a bikkie of lucerne hay a day to Fuji's diet!
RhiBee
RhiBee
Yearling
Yearling

Back to top Go down

Post  BM-MW-J Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 am

Jax is currently on oaten/ wheaten mix hay. he gets a small token feed of lucerne chaff and CP pellets when i give him his mineral mix

William is on a round (currently meadow) and has access to grazing 24/7, i have started him on a small hard feed again to add some pain relief and minerals (plus joint conditioner) for his old horse joints. as the cold is getting to him agian.

Abraham is on oaten and wheaten hay, lucerne chaff, CP pellets, Completo and a mineral mix. he gets to go out into a grassy paddock a few time a week for a bit of a pick.

BM-MW-J
Foal
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post  BM-MW-J Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 am

so i have adjusted my lots dinner.

jax lost a fair bit of weight due to a mouth ulcer- now that its been treated he is on 3 dippers of lucerne chaff, 1 dipper of oats and a dipper of horse conditioner, plus 45 mls of a mineral sup for babies, and oaten/ wheaten hay for dinner and oaten hay for breaky.

Abe has moved out with william and is now on 2 dippers of lucerne chaff, 2 dippers of horse conditioner and oaten/ wheaten hay

and William is on 2 dippers of lucerne chaff, 2 dippers of horse conditioner and 1 dipper of oats, a joint sup and a "old nag" oil sup.

BM-MW-J
Foal
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum